SPI Print Optimizer
The SPI Print Optimizer is an integrated system that utilizes closed-loop feedback to prevent print defects in real time. Unlike process controls that identify defects, the SPI Print Optimizer utilizes measurements from an automated, 3-D Solder Paste Inspection (SPI) system to align the board to the stencil using X, Y, and theta correction. This unique process control system is available on the Accela and Momentum Series printers.
- Monitors and improves the entire print process, not just a single parameter
- Instructs the printer to make on-the-fly corrections based on real time data
- Compensates for external variables such as stencil, board and tooling changes
- Reduces the need for operator intervention
- Optimizes solder paste deposition and improves solder joint quality
- Initiated through an easy-to-use operator interface
- Rejected boards from the SPI machine can trigger a preprogrammed under stencil cleaning wipe
- Eliminates Errors caused by Operator invention by putting the full control within the machine
- Achieves the desired print registration without manual process "tweaking"
Speedline's code has been developed using a standard interface which any SPI company can easily adhere to.
View SPI Print Optimizer Video